I promised the girls in my workshop sessions today that I would post some links to various resources on the Arduino microcontroller and some of the awesome projects I showed off. Here goes!
Places to get Arduinos and other electronic components in Toronto:
- Creatron has good prices on the Lilypad and regular Arduino, as well as a very friendly and helpful proprietor. It’s on College just East of Spadina.
- Honson is just West of Spadina; they have a wider selection of things like LEDs, but don’t stock Arduinos.
- Active Surplus on Queen West is also worth a look, though their selection of components varies.
Project inspiration, resources, and other links:
- The Arduino homepage is probably a good place to start.
- LadyAda has awesome projects.
- MakeZine posts new things all the time.
- The High-Low Tech group at MIT, where Leah Buechley (creator of the Lilypad) is a professor, has really inspirational work.
- My bookmarks for Gr8 Girls have some more random projects.
I hope everyone has fun learning more about electronics and microcontrollers than what little I talked about in the workshops, and please feel free to email me if you have any questions – my address is leigh (at) hypatia.ca .